I was at Lucky Chinatown when i discovered this yummy Chinese restaurant that offerss 50% on dimsum everyday from 3-5pm and 9pm-12mn. Its interior is quite intimidating but don’t be misled, that’s just a glimpse of how good their foods are.
So we tried their hakaw,
steamed fish with beancurd,
and two more, spareribs toppings and steamed seafoods.
We ate all of these for:
Not bad if you’re looking for quality dimsum!
Total Savings P260
Three weeks after we visited King Chef , but on a different location, we discovered that they they also have a branch in Banawe, Quezon City(near Starbucks) so we tried it once more, together with friends, and all i can say is i will definitely come back. 🙂
Enjoy half the price on lunch or dinner buffet when you use your Citibank Credit Card at Vikings SM Marikina.
Valid from November 23 – 25 and November 30 – December 2, 2012. Located at SM Marikina – 2nd Floor, Marcos Highway, Calumpang, Marikina Operating hours are from 11:00am – 2:30pm and 5:30pm – 10:00pm.
For reservations, call: 0917-8766888 or 0919-9993888
Valid at the SM Marikina branch only. Discount is applicable to a maximum bill of P5,000 only. Not valid in conjunction with other discounts and promos.For more info, go to http://www.citibank.com.ph/gcb/promos/cards/1207_vikings.htm
Aside from Bulalo, i know there are a lot of people who wants to eat something hot/warm while in Tagaytay. I thought of Bulalo or mami or soup until i saw GOTO signage along Aguinaldo Highway. Bingo! Just right for the cold nights of Tagaytay. It’s All about Goto!
So we went inside and look at what they can offer aside from Goto.
Here’s their menu, very affordable.
Among the many choices, I decided to get a bowl of lugaw with egg because that’s the only thing they can offer at 7:30pm, Tuesday. They no longer have tokwa’t baboy and lumpiang pirito. Actually, it is better to go there during merienda time according to manang.
But the most beautiful thing happened that night was i was able to taste their very good lumpiang sariwa (ubod) with peanut sauce. This is not the ordinary lumpiang sariwa that I get used to which has the usual clear brown sauce. You should try their lumpiang sariwa,it’s really yummy!
I tried to come back the following day to try their puto binan and lumpiang sariwa the second time but upon inquiry they said they don’t have delivery of the puto binan yet. I think this is the miss of this place, they have a lot to offer in their menu but they don’t have enough stock when clients come on an ordinary day like Tuesday/Wednesday. According to the staff, they usually have stocks during Fridays,Saturdays and Sundays, the busiest days of Tagaytay. Anyway, i’m still glad to have tried their Lugaw and Lumpiang Sariwa. 🙂
During my last visit at Tagaytay(my favorite place), early part of January this year, I discovered one nice restaurant located at Unit 4 Cliffhouse Tagaytay Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo Highway,Tagaytay City.
The restaurant’s name is Buon Giorno, an Italian word that means Good day or Good morning.
They offer a wide array of Italian food like pizza, pasta,risotto,etc. Aside from the fact that you’ll definitely get a fantastic view of the Taal volcano while eating your favorite Pizza or Pasta, you’ll also get to taste the good Italian at a very reasonable price.
To give you an idea of how affordable and good their foods are, enjoy this slideshow:
Just look at how good this pizza! The mozzarella is so thick plus the generous amount of seafood (shrimps and mussels)…you simply cannot resist even if you’re on a diet (dietan) like me. 🙂 During dinner the pizza that we got does not have squid on it but when we returned merienda time the following day, they added squid on the same kind of Pizza, maybe they run out of squid the other day but still it was good.
On the following day,we went again to Buon Giorno to try their Puttanesca and another Pizza. We definitely took advantage of the chance to eat before we finally go back to Manila. Unfortunately, i wasn’t able to charge my cam, so i wasn’t able to take a picture of the Puttanesca that we ordered.
One last final tip to try in this resto is the tarragon tea which i think i needed at that time to lessen my guilt for the two pizzas i ate during dinner time and the following day merienda.
If you’re looking for a nice food adventure, try this Food Adventure Promo at Venice Piazza, McKinley Hills
Here’s the promo mechanics:
1. Food Adventure at Venice Piazza is open to all Venice Piazza, McKinley Hill customers.
2. Food Adventure at Venice Piazza will be on all Saturdays and Sundays starting January 7 to March 31, 2012 (January 7,8,14,15,21,22,28,29 –February 4,5,11,12,18,19,25,26 — March 3,4,10,11,17,18,24,25 and 31 of 2012) from 4:00PM to 9:00PM only.
3. Food Adventure samplers can be availed strictly on one weekend (Saturday and Sunday) only. If the customer availed the passport on a Sunday, samplers can be availed on that day and the following Saturday only. No food adventurers will be accommodated once they’ve exceeded the one weekend free samplers.
4. For every Food Adventure passport worth Php 600, customers can sample the best sellers of Venice Piazza’s finest restaurants during the abovementioned time (strictly no refund).
5. Passport holders are entitled to pick 1 of the two from a participating restaurant’s dish. For example, choose one between KBOP’s Chapchae or Seafood and Vegetable Pancake dishes.
6.The Food Adventure passport is good for one person only. It can be transferred to another person but not on the same day. Sharing of the Food Adventure featured dish is not allowed.
7. The Food Adventure booth will provide wristbands for control purposes. Food Adventurers cannot avail the food samplers if they do not have wrist bands and / or passport.
8. The Food Adventure can only accommodate 300 passport holders every week.
9. Food Adventurers are encouraged to go to a restaurant that has an available seat for the passport holders. This is to avoid trafficking in each restaurant and to finish the food adventure swiftly.
10. This promo is valid for dine-in customers only. Take-out food is strictly prohibited.
11. Below are the participating restaurants:
a. Blackwood Bistro
b. Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf
c. Empire Deli & Restaurant
g. Little Asia Symphony of Flavors
h. Old Vine Grille
i. Pinchos Restaurant & Bar
j. Pho Hoa
k. Ramen Bar
l. Red Crab Alimango House
m. Sol Gelato
n. Yo Swirls by BTIC
12. All Food Adventure participants will be seated on a first come first served basis, based on seating availability of the participating restaurant.
13. Food Adventurers are free to try the samplers of all participating restaurants in no particular order. (The Food Adventure passport is valid for a per restaurant basis.) No Food Adventure dish can be availed in other restaurants while dining in another participating restaurant.
14. Passport holders can also avail of all the discounts and premiums offered by all participating restaurants only once per store on all weekends and weekdays of January 7 to March 31, 2012.
15. Customers must present their passport to the participating restaurants to avail of discounts and premiums and must be stamped or signed by the store’s authorized personnel in order to avoid re-usage.
16. This promotion is not valid in conjunction with existing discounts and promos of the participating restaurants.
17. The Food Adventure passports will be available at the selling booth located at the ground floor of Venice Piazza and the Eastwood Mall Concierge from 11:00AM – 10:00 PM every Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Now is the time to indulge with not so expensive burger from Brother’s Burger!
Brother’s Burger has a special promo that runs from January 2-15, 2012. You can now have the same burger for a lesser price, 50% off is not bad. From P195, it will now be 97.50 . Will definitely go to its Bonifacio, High Street branch. Luckily it’s near our office. 🙂
Promotion hours will be from 2:00 – 6:00p.m.
The promo is available only on the following branches:
I’ve eaten two types of cassava last week, one is like “chicharon” or super thin cassava chips from Mary Grace in Serendra. It was served with, according to my taste, french onion dressing. It’s definitely healthy and yummy. This can be your new comfort food.
The second type of cassava is cheap (P50) but really delicious, the buddy’s cassava cake. This one is not so sweet. It doesn’t have too much butter but there’s the natural taste of cassava cake served hot and fresh (parang pizza lang!).Buddy’s is at Market, Market, Taguig City.
Yes, yes, yes! HSBC has once again started their Starbucks promo. Cardholders can get any tall beverage or 3-pack Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew when they spend at least P2,000. They had this promo last year and i was perfectly delighted when they came out with this promo.
These are the things to consider if you want to avail of the promo:
1.HSBC’s Starbucks with Every Swipe Feature (the “Feature”) is an instant rewards spending feature open to all primary and supplementary cardholders of any HSBC credit card locally issued by HSBC Philippines (hereinafter referred to as “Cardholders”).
2.The Feature will start on February 01, 2011 (“Start of Feature”), but spend/transactions starting January 15, 2011 will be accommodated.
3.Cardholders can qualify to redeem any tall Starbucks handcrafted beverage of his/her choice plus one add on (except bottled beverages, bottled water and fruit juices) (“Starbucks Beverage”) or a 3-pack Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew (Colombia, Italian Roast or Decaf Italian Roast) from Starbucks under the Feature.
4. To qualify for any one of the offers (Starbucks Beverage or 3-pack Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew), Cardholders must make a single receipt purchase of at least Php2,000 (“qualifying transactions”) on his/her HSBC credit card.
Purchases may be for straight retail transactions or installment transactions.
5. Foreign currency transactions and other transactions with no credit card charge slip such as, but not limited to: Auto Charge, Balance Transfer, Cash Advance, Internet and Mail Order/Telephone Order are excluded from this Feature.
6.Starbucks will not honor redemptions using official receipts or the HSBC Statement of Account.
7. Cardholders may redeem their Starbucks Beverage or 3-pack Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew WITHIN THIRTY (30) CALENDAR DAYS FROM THE PURCHASE OR TRANSACTION DATE as indicated on the credit card charge slip. Redemptions after the 1-month period from purchase or transaction date will not be honored.
8. To redeem any one of the Starbucks Beverages or 3-pack Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew under this Feature, the Cardholder must present his/her HSBC credit card and surrender one (1) valid and original credit card charge slip (Customer’s copy) of qualifying transactions at any Starbucks branch in the Philippines. This offer cannot be availed of in conjunction with other promotions.
9. Upon redemption, the HSBC credit card will be validated against the credit card charge slip presented. The credit card details on the charge slip must match with the HSBC credit card presented. Redemptions will not be honored if the Cardholder is unable to present his/her HSBC credit card, or if credit card details on the charge slip do not match the details in the HSBC credit card presented.
10. Splitting of a single transaction for the purpose of generating multiple charge slips is prohibited. Redemptions from such charge slips shall be deemed fraudulent.
11. Faded charge slips will not be honored for redemption.
12. The Cardholder will be charged the cost of the Starbucks Beverage or 3-pack Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew redeemed should the Cardholder cancel the qualifying transaction at a later date. Similarly, if his/her redemption is found to be fraudulent, such as but not limited to: duplication of charge slips and/or splitting of one (1) transaction into several approvals/charge slips, HSBC reserves the right to charge the cost of the redeemed Starbucks Beverage or 3-pack Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew to his/her HSBC credit card.
13. HSBC and/or Starbucks shall not be obliged to recognize or replace any unissued, misplaced, lost, stolen, or faded charge slips.
14. In case of dispute in respect of the Cardholder’s eligibility, coverage of dates, fulfillment, etc., HSBC’s decision shall prevail. All questions or disputes regarding the Cardholder’s eligibility for the Feature or for any redemption shall be resolved by HSBC at its sole discretion. Any dispute concerning the products and services of Starbucks shall be settled directly between the Cardholder and Starbucks.
"Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing." -W.A. Ward